Local arts organizations that meet the eligibility requirements can apply each year for an Arts Alliance Tulsa grant. Once the applications are reviewed and approved, by an AAT board-appointed committee, the Grantee Member Organizations are decided for that year.
- Grant applications go live on artstulsa.org by the mid-November or no later then the first week of December each year.
- Organizations are notified of their grant status in February of the following year.
- Grants are awarded to each AAT organization in the month of December of the year they were awarded membership..
- Due to holiday events and staff vacation, we strongly suggest studying your application from the previous year, if you have applied in the past. Please use questions from former applications to gather information in advance, it will make your process smoother.
- WE ARE AWARE THAT YOU MAY NOT HAVE YOUR TAX INFORMATION FOR THE IMMEDIATE YEAR PRIOR. WE ASK FOR YOUR MOST RECENT COMPLETED AND OFFICIAL TAX/FINANCIAL INFORMATION. PLEASE NOTE: the same tax/financial records will not be accepted two years in a row. This simply means all official records you submit for an AAT grant should have advanced to the next filing year.
- The granting cycle is a 12-month (one calendar year) process from start to finish.
In order for our supporters to feel confident in making an investment in Arts Alliance Tulsa, AAT collects data and verifies that best business practices are followed by Grantee Members. The Membership and Allocations Committee reviews the applications then selects the most balanced group of grantees possible by using some of the following considerations:
- What is considered?
-Does the org. meet all eligibility requirements?
-Do they support art in areas that are unique or in underserved communities?
-What is the economic impact of this org. on the community at large?
-What is the reach of the the org. within the community?
-What educational opportunities do they offer and what is the reach (Numbers participating)?
-All demographic information is noted.
-If a returning org., how did you work with AAT toward a successful campaign result? Were you an active participant?
-If a returning org., how was your grant used to further your org.?
-How is the org. working to further itself?
-Is the org. sustainable?
-What final combination of orgs. creates the best possible mix of visual arts, performing arts, demographical diversity, uniqueness, impact and positioning of Tulsa within the region.
As with Applications, this process is overseen by The Membership and Allocations Committee. Beyond the information provided in the application process, these points are also considered:
-Has the Grantee Member organization maintained all eligibility requirements?
-Did the grantee organization collaborate with other grantees or, at minimum, did they support AAT efforts?
·Apply annually for the AAT grant.
·Market your organization as a member of Arts Alliance Tulsa.
·Place the Arts Alliance Tulsa logo on all promotional material.
·Provide your organization’s calendar events to AAT in order for us to help promote your events.
·In order to continue to track economic impact of the arts to our city, we will need for you to share your organization’s statistics and analytics during the application process. This information assists with a more accurate view on the economic impact of our arts organizations and cultural tourism that arts bring to our city.
Unlike foundations or government grants, the amount granted to AAT member organizations is a direct result of the fundraising efforts of all associated with AAT. It is in the best interest of every member to promote, support, be participative and foster a positive attitude for AAT and its members.
No. This is an application for a grant. The word “Member” refers to all accepted organizations as “members” of an alliance.
al·li·ance | ~Merriam-Webster : an association to further the common interests of the members.
No. We not only want you to continue to work to better your organization, if accepted for an ATT grant, your pay-out is dependent on the contributed revenue you generate that year. AAT’s fundraising and marketing efforts are intended to supplement your continued great work.